AFTERMATH OF EXPLOSIVE INTERVIEW: RONALDO LEAVES MANCHESTER UNITED

Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United immediately by mutual consent following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

United issued a 67-word statement on Tuesday evening announcing they had reached a mutual agreement with the player to terminate his contract.

Ronaldo’s interview on TalkTV – aired in two parts on Wednesday and Thursday last week – saw the 37-year-old reveal he felt “betrayed” by the club and has “no respect” manager Erik ten Hag.

The Portugal captain, who is currently representing his country at the World Cup, also claimed members of the United hierarchy were trying to force him out of Old Trafford and doubted him when he said he could not attend pre-season because his daughter was ill in hospital.

United said they would consider their response to Ronaldo’s comments “after the full facts have been established” and have now decided to part ways with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

A club statement read: “Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect.

“The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.

Spread the News

Related posts

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments